Rental Agreement 1bd/2br
Property Location: 2575 S Kihei Rd, APT H 311 (Maui Banyan Complex), Kihei
Electronic Authorization: In finalizing the booking and paying, guest confirms they have read and accept the following Rental Agreement. Guest shall also inform all members of the rental party and anyone else guest permits on the property to be aware of all of the House Rules stated in this Agreement.
1. Rental Party & Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 4 persons. Primary Guest must provide us with the total amount of people in party, primary guests names and phone numbers.
2. Check-in & Check-out: Directions, a map, and our phone numbers will be provided prior to your arrival. Check-in time is 4 pm (HST) and check-out time 11 am (HST). Early/late check-in/check-out must be requested in advance and may be available on a case-by-case basis. If you have a late flight and require a late check out, you’re encouraged to book an extra night. Upon check-in the unit will have been professionally cleaned for you and all items should be in working order. If you have any cleaning issues or find any broken items, contact us immediately. Failure to notify us of property-related problems while in the property and as they become evident, will forfeit any rights or claims against us regarding property condition after your departure.
3. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 5 night minimum stay unless agreed ahead of time in writing. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods.
4. Parking: Parking is limited to one (1) space. Guest may only park in designated parking area. Guest should get a free Parking Permit at the Maui Banyan Office. Guest must display the Parking Permit on the dashboard at all times. Failure to display may result in towing of vehicle at Guest’s expense. Guests are not allowed to park in spaces with “Reserved by Owner” signs.
5. No Smoking: Smoking is prohibited inside the condo, on the lanai or anywhere on the property, unless specifically designated as a smoking area. The designated smoking sections are located by the entrance to the parking garage and in the parking lot at the back of the property. Evidence of smoking inside the condo or on the lanai will result in $450 cleaning fee.
6. No Pets: No pets are allowed under any conditions. Owner has a severe allergy.
7. Noise Violations: Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors; Code-enforced building quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m. Any fines for excessive noise will be deducted from the security deposit.
8. Damages: Guest shall be responsible for damages or any breach of these house rules caused by guest’s negligence or that of guests family or invitees.
9. Appliances & Repairs: Homeowner is not responsible for compensation of any part of rent, due to failure of fixtures, appliances, or utilities resulting in short term inconveniences. Repairs will be made as quickly as possible once Homeowner is notified.
10. Upkeep & Maintenance: Guest shall keep and maintain the premises in a clean and sanitary condition, and upon the termination of the tenancy shall surrender the premises to the Homeowner in as good condition as when received. We provide a limited supply of consumable items such as toilet paper, paper towels, dish liquid, cleaning products, etc. Since people consume this items at varying rates, guest should plan on replenishing these items as they are needed.
11. Cleaning Fee: The cleaning fee is non-refundable once guest has occupied the property. No cleaning service is provided during the guest’s stay unless arranged ahead of time for an additional fee. Guest shall be liable for extra cleaning charges to be deducted from the security deposit if property is left in poor condition.
12. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner or Homeowner’s representative access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
13. Security Deposit: A deposit of $300 is collected with payment and shall be refunded within 7 days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
- Damage to the property or furnishings;
- Dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning;
- Any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to guest’s stay including but not limited to fines for smoking and noise violations or;
- Any violation of this Agreement.
14. Cancellation Policy:
100% if cancelled 30 days prior to the Check-in Date. 50% if canceled 20 days prior to the Check-in Date. No refund if cancellation is less than 20 days before Check-in Date. We highly recommend all guests to purchase travel insurance.
15. Child Proofing: Please understand that no specific effort has been made to “childproof” the property. Guest accepts the risk of harm to any child allowed on the property. These risks include, but no limited to access to the lanai, the ocean, the adjacent street, and any cleaning supplies in the house that might be poisonous if ingested.
16. Bugs&Pests: The island, due to the year round tropical environment, have bugs and pests that may appear from time to time. To prevent any unwanted houseguests, please do not leave any food or any open food items out! Also, do not leave any dirty dishes in the sink and make sure to throw the trash out daily. We perform regular pest control, but some bugs&pests are seasonal and may enter the house despite all efforts. If you do find some unwanted guests, please let us know right away and we will send pest control out ASAP. Under no circumstances will any of the rental money be refunded due to the appearance of any of these pests.
17. Common Area Appearance: All items (such as lawn chairs and toys) must be removed from common areas when not in use. Please limit the number of personal items (including beach items and shoes) by entry ways. Please do not hang laundry, towels, etc. over lanai railings. Surfboards and other big water toys may not be left on the lanai. There is a storage for them on the left side of the garage entrance. Bicycles may not be left in in the common areas.
18. Starting supplies: We provide a limited supply of consumable items such as toilet paper, paper towels, toiletries, dish liquid, cleaning products, etc. Since people consume this items at varying rates, guest should plan on replenishing these items as they are needed.
19. Termination: If guests violate any house rules, Owners may, at Owner’s sole discretion, terminate this rental agreement with no refund of the used portions of the rent.
20. General Rules:
- Keep house, furniture, and furnishings in good order. Under no circumstances can any furnishing or linen to be taken outside or to the beach, with the exception of provided beach gear.
- Rinse off sand before returning to the apartment.
- Leave the property in the same general condition that it was received
- Due to the warm weather and tropical climate on Maui, bugs are a fact of life on the island. To prevent any unwanted houseguests, please do not leave any food, especially, open food items out and keep the screen doors to lanai closed. Also, do not leave any dirty dishes in the sink and make sure to throw the trash out daily.
- Electricity in Hawaii is very expensive and cooperation in reducing unnecessary usage is expected. Please use AC sparingly and intermittently. Make sure the ceiling fans are on high. You will be surprised how cool it makes the unit. Please make sure you turn off the AC when you open lanai doors or when you leave.
- Unplug kitchen electronics when not in use (coffee maker, kettle, toaster, etc.). Turn off other electronics when not in use (TV, lamps, etc.)
- Upon check-out we ask our guests to place all beach towels in the washer and turn it on; Put all dirty dishes in the dishwasher and run it through a normal cycle; Take out all trash to the outside trash bins; Brush off the sand from all the beach gear you’ve used.
- Report ASAP any damages.
21. Release of Liability: Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of guests. Property owners are held harmless for injury or death that may arise from use of gear such as snorkel gear, boogie boards or flotation devices. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.